Author : Linija Shylin 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2017
Abstract: Crack inspection is an important task in the maintenance of pipe line and it is closely related to structural health of underground pipes. Currently it is done through a very manual procedure, experienced human monitors the whole structure visually and try to detect cracks on the pipe line structure and marks the location of crack. But this manual approach having some frailty issues as limited accuracy. Proposed research focuses on implementing a system having a robot, equipped with a camera to efficiently detect small leaks in plastic or in any type of pipes with complicated pipeline configurations of inner structure of the pipeline. We have proposed a novel method of pipes leakage detection. When there is any leakage or crack in the pipe in industries the sensors will detect the leakage. As the sensors will detect the corresponding signals will be shown in the phone with which the sensors will be connected through Bluetooth.
- Y.Kawaguchi, I.Yoshida,H.Kurumatani, T. Kikuta, and Y. Yamada. “internal pipe inspection robot”. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation ICRA, Page(s):857 - 862 vol.1, 1995.
- S. Hirose, H. Ohno, T. Mitsui, and K. Suyama. “design of in-pipe inspection vehicles for φ25, φ50, φ150 pipes”. In Robotics and Automation, 1999. Proceedings. 1999 IEEE International Conference on, volume 3, pages 2309–2314 vol.3, 1999.
- M. Muramatsu, N. Namiki, R. Koyama, and Y. Suga. “autonomous mobile robot in pipe for piping operations”. In Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2000. (IROS 2000). Proceedings. 2000 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on, volume 3, pages 2166–2171 vol.3, 2000.
- Chen Jun, ZongQuan Deng, and ShengYuan Jiang. “study of locomotion control characteristics for six wheels driven inpipe robot”. In Robotics and Biomimetics, 2004. ROBIO 2004. IEEE International Conference on, pages 119–124, Aug. 2004.
- Young Sik Kwon, Hoon Lim, Eui-Jung Jung, and ByungJu Yi. “design and motion planning of a two-moduled indoor pipeline inspection robot”. In ICRA, pages 3998–4004, 2008
- Yu-Chen Chang, Tsung-Te Lai, Hao-Hua Chu, and Polly Huang. “pipeprobe: Mapping spatial layout of indoor water pipelines”. Mobile Data Management, IEEE International Conference on, 0:391–392, 2009.
- Jong-Hoon Kim amd Gokarna Sharma, Noureddine Boudriga, and S. Sitharama Iyengar. “RAMP system for proactive pipeline monitoring”. In The Third International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks, IEEECOMSNETS 2010
- Dalei Wu, Member, IEEE, Dimitris Chatzigeorgiou, Member, IEEE, Kamal Youcef-Toumi, Member, IEEE, and Rached Ben-Mansour. “Node Localization in Robotic Sensor Networks for Pipeline Inspection”; International Conference on Transactions on Industrial Infomatics IEEE- 2015.