Author : Chetan C. Dhulkotiya 1
Date of Publication :12th April 2017
Abstract: Mobile Ad Hoc Networks are an appealing branch of wireless networking due to benefits of having communication without need of infrastructure, ease of deployment, etc. AODV (Ad Hoc on demand Distance vector Routing) is one of the protocols used for facilitating communication in MANET. The nodes in the network work on mutual trust basis. Due to this nature of MANET, it is vulnerable to network layer attacks such as blackhole attack, wormhole attack, grayhole attack etc. These attacks are launched by malicious nodes. Significant decrease in performance is observed when multiple malicious nodes launch attack in the network. The aim of this paper is to study the effects of collaborative blackhole attack launched by multiple malicious nodes in the network taking the performance of AODV protocol into accoun
1. Perkins, C.; Belding-Royer, E.; Das, S. (July 2003). Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing. IETF. RFC 3561. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
2. Ivan Stojmenovic, Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing; 5th Edition; Wiley India Edition, New Delhi, 2001, pp 536.
3. Heisri Weerasinghe and Huirong Fu, “Preventing Co-operative Blackhole Attacks in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Simulation, Implementation and Evaluation”, International Journal of Software Engineering and its Appplications, vol. 2, No. 3, July 2008, pp.39-54.
4. Moumita Deb, “A Co-operative Blackhole Node Detection Mechanism for ADHOC Networks ”, WCECS 2008, Sanfransisco, USA, 2008.
5. Fan-Hsun Tseng, Li-Der Chou and HanCheih Chao, “A Survey of Blackhole Attacks in Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks ”, Human- centric Computing and Information Sciences, a Springer Open Journal, 2011, pp. 1-16.
6. Mohit Kumar, Rashmi Mishra, “An Overview of MANET: History, Challenges and Applications”, Indian Journal of Computer Science and engineering, (IJCSE), Vol. 3 No. 1 Feb-Mar 2012, pp. 121-125.
7. Hoang Lan Nguyen; Uyen Trang Nguyen, "A study of different types of attacks in mobile ad hoc networks," Electrical & Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2012 pp.1-6.
8. Ehsan, H.; Khan, F.A., "Malicious AODV: Implementation and Analysis of Routing Attacks in MANETs," Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), 2012 IEEE vol., no., pp.1181,1187, 25-27.
9. C.K. Nagpal, Chirag Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, Shailender Gupta, “A Study of Blackhole Attack on MANET Performance ”, I.J. Mordern Education And Computer Science, 2012, vol. 8, pp 47-53.
10. Latha Tamilselvan, Dr. V Shankaranarayanan, “Prevention of Co-operative Blackhole Attack in MANET”, Journal of Networks, vol. 3, No. 5, May 2008, pp. 13 – 20.