Author : Rashmi Pande 1
Date of Publication :11th July 2017
Abstract: An important requirement of digital system design is to reduce Area, Propogation delay and Power dissipation. Reversible logic is one of the emerging technology for reducing Area, Delay and Power. The aim of this paper is to realize Booth multiplier using optical reversible carry select adder (ORCSA) with And-or-invert (AOI) logic. Optical reversible full adder (ORFA) and optical reversible mux (ORM) has been used for designing optical reversible carry select adder. Here two reversible gates i.e. Feyman gate (FG) and Toffolli gate (TG) are been used. Optical switches such as Beam combiner (BC) Beam splitter (BS) and Mach-zehender Interferometer (MZI) are also been used. The circuit has been implemented and simulated in Xilinx. The synthesis results shows that the proposed booth multiplier improves both interms of Area and Propagation delay over the conventional booth multiplier.
- Moore, Gordon. "The Future of Integrated Electronics." Fairchild Semiconductor internal publication, 1964.  R. Landauer, ―Irreversibility and heat generation in the computing process‖, IBM Journal of Research and Development, pp. 183–191, July 1961.  C. H. Bennet, ―Logical Reversibility of Computation‖, IBM Journal of Research and Development, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 525-532, 1973. [4 ]C. Taraphdara, T. Chattopadhyay, and J. Roy, ―Mach-zehnder interferometer-based all-optical reversible logic gate‖, Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 249–259, 2010.
- G. K. Maity, S. P. Maity, T. Chattopadhyay and J. N. Roy, "MachZehnder Interferometer Based AllOptical Fredkin Gate", International Conference on Trends in Optics and Photonics March 1 – 4, 2009 Kolkata, India Department of Applied Optics and Photonics University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. Page 314
- G. K. Maity, J. N. Roy, and S. P. Maity, ―Machzehnder interferometer based all-optical peres gate‖, in Advances in Computing and Communications, ser. Communications in Computer and Information Science, A. Abraham, J. L. Mauri, J. F. Buford, J. Suzuki, and S. M. Thampi, Eds. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011, vol. 192, pp. 249–258.
- G. K. Maity, T. Chattopadhyay, J. N. Roy, and S.P. Maity, "All-optical reversible multiplexer", Computers and Devices for Communication, 2009. CODEC 2009. 4th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,3, 14- 16 Dec. 2009.
- S. Kotiyal, H. Thapliyal, and N. Ranganathan, ―Mach-zehnder interferometer based design of all optical reversible binary adder‖, in Design, Automation Test in Europe Conference Exhibition (DATE),2012, pp. 721 –726, March 2012.
- S. Kotiyal, H. Thapliyal, and N. Ranganathan, "Mach-Zehnder Interferometer Based All Optical Reversible NOR Gates", VLSI (ISVLSI), 2012 IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on , vol.,no., pp.207,212, 19-21 Aug. 2012.
- G. K. Maity, J. N. Roy, and S.P. Maity, "Design of all-optical new gate using Mach-Zehnder interferometer", Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICDCS), 2012 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.474,478, 15- 16 March 2012.
- G. K. Maity and S.P. Maity, "Implementation of HNG using MZI", Computing Communication & Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), 2012 Third International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,6, 26-28 July2012.
- Mehdi Saeedi and Igor L. Markov, ―Synthesis and Optimization of Reversible Circuits – A Survey‖, arXiv: 1110.2574v2 [cs.ET], 20 Mar 2013, pp. 1-34.
- R. Feynman, ―Quantum mechanical computers‖, Optical News, vol. 11, pp. 11-20 1985.
- T. Toffoli, ―Reversible computing‖, In Automata, Languages and Programming, Springer Verlag, pp. 632-644, 1980.