Author : Shradha .S.Chavan 1
Date of Publication :21st August 2017
Abstract: Tumor is swelling of the body part, due to this abnormal growth of cells in that place of the body. If it is in brain called brain tumor. brain tumor is diagnosed by the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). In the propose methodology, we firstly detect and extract tumor using watershed segmentation. To increase the efficiency of texture feature extraction, the diversity index’s capability to detect patterns of tumor. The Gleason and Menhinick indexes are used. At the end, the extracted texture of brain tumor image is classified using the Support Vector Machine, looking to differentiate the malignant and benign class of tumor.
1) Rajesh C. Patil, Dr. A. S. Bhalchandra,” Brain Tumour Extraction from MRI Images Using MATLAB” International Journal of Electronics, Communication & Soft Computing Science and Engineering ISSN: 2277-9477, Volume 2, Issue 1
2) Nilesh Bhaskarrao Bahadure, Arun Kumar Ray,Har Pal Thethi” Image Analysis for MRI Based Brain Tumor Detection and Feature Extraction Using Biologically Inspired BWT and SVM ” Hindawi International Journal of Biomedical Imaging Volume 2017, Article ID 97491 https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/9749108
3) Amiya Halder, Anuva Pradhan, Sourjya Kumar Dutta and Pritam Bhattacharya “Dynamic Image Segmentation using Fuzzy C-Means based Genetic Algorithm” International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, April 6-8, 2016.
4) Yogita Sharma , Parminder Kaur,” Detection and Extraction of Brain Tumor from MRI Images Using K-Means Clustering and Watershed Algorithms”International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology (IJCST) – Volume 3 Issue 2, Mar-Apr 2015
5) Simara Vieira da Rocha*, Geraldo Braz Junior, Aristófanes Corrêa Silva, Anselmo Cardoso de Paiva” Texture analysis of masses in digitized mammograms using Gleason and Menhinick Diversity Indexes” Rev. Bras. Eng. Bioméd., v. 30, n.1, p. 35-46, mar. 2014 Braz. J. Biom. Eng., 30(1), 35-46, Mar. 2014
6) SivaSankari.S, Sindhu.M , Sangeetha.R ,ShenbagaRajan.” Feature Extraction of Brain Tumor Using MRI” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (An ISO 3297: 2007 Certified Organization)
7) V.P.Gladis Pushpa Rathi1 and Dr.S.Palani,”brain tumor MRI image classification with feature extracation using linear discriminator”,Sciences and Techniques (IJIST) Vol.2, No.4, July 2012 DOI : 10.5121/ijist.2012.2413 131
8) Ruchi D. Deshmukh, Prof. Chaya Jadhav” Study of Different Brain Tumor MRI Image Segmentation Techniques” Ruchi D. Deshmukh et al | International Journal of Computer Science Engineering and Technology( IJCSET) | April 2014 | Vol 4, Issue 4,133-136
9) Pranita Balaji Kanade1, Prof. P.P. Gumaste,” Brain Tumor Detection Using MRI Images ” Vol. 3, Issue 2, February 2015 Copyright to IJIREEICE DOI 10.17148/IJIREEICE.2015.3231 146
10)Swe Zin Oo1, Aung Soe Khaing2.” Brain tumor detection and segmentation using watershed segmentation and morphological operation” IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology 2014
11)Gursangeet Kaur#* and Jyoti Rani#,”MRI Brain Tumor Segmentation Methods- A Review ” International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology E-ISSN 2277 – 4106, P-ISSN 2347 – 5161 ©2016 INPRESSCO®, All Rights Reserved
12)T. Logeswari and M. Karnan” An improved implementation of brain tumor detection using segmentation based on soft computing” Journal of Cancer Research and Experimental Oncology Vol. 2(1) pp. 006-014, March, 2010 Available online http://www.academicjournals.org/JCREO ©2010 Academic Journals
13) Anam Mustaqeem,” An Efficient Brain Tumor Detection Algorithm Using Watershed & Thresholding Based Segmentation” I.J. Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 2012, 10, 34-39 Published Online September 2012 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/)DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2012.10.05