Author : Haritha J 1
Date of Publication :9th January 2018
Abstract: Salinity measurement is important because it plays a significant role in measuring subsequent parameters like density etc. This method describes a method to measure the salinity of water using a capacitive transducer which has two parallel plate electrodes. The electrodes are immersed continuously in the water so that the area and distance between the plates don’t change. The change in capacitance is converted to a proportional voltage using Schering bridge. This can be analyzed under various conditions before made into a handheld device where the data can be stored. This method is simple and reliable which can be used for industrial purpose.
- Y. Liao, J. Wang, S. Wang, H. Yang and X. Wang, "Simultaneous Measurement of Seawater Temperature and Salinity Based on Microfiber MZ Interferometer With a Knot Resonator", Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 34, no. 23, pp. 5378-5384, 2016.
- "Presentation of a Complex Permittivity-Meter with Applications for Sensing the Moisture and Salinity of a Porous Media", Sensors, vol. 1424-8220, no. 15815-15835, 2014.
- H. l, "Biomimetic Chaotic Sensors for Water Salinity Measurements and Conductive Titrimetry", Third International Conference on Emerging Security Technologies, vol. 978-0-7695-4791-612, no. 101109, 2012.
- G. Lockridge, B. Dzwonkowski, R. Nelson and S. Powers, "Development of a Low-Cost Arduino-Based Sonde for Coastal Applications", Sensors, vol. 16, no. 4, p. 528, 2016.
- danial. J, "Determining salinity using a multimode fiber optic surface plasmon resonance dip-probe", elsevier, vol. 682006504-515, 2005.
- "Three-Wave Fiber Fabry–Pérot Interferometer for Simultaneous Measurement of Temperature and Water Salinity of Seawater", IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, vol. 23, 7, 2011.
- A. Camps, X. Bosch-Lluis, I. Ramos-Perez, J. MarchánHernández, N. Rodríguez, E. Valencia, J. Tarongi, A. Aguasca and R. Acevo, "New Passive Instruments Developed for Ocean Monitoring at the Remote Sensing Lab—Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya", Sensors, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 10171-10189, 2009.