Author : T.Rajesh 1
Date of Publication :17th January 2018
Abstract: In many chemical process industries continuous stirred tank reactor plays a major role to provide the final end product with maintaining temperature, level, flow and pressure at its pre-specified setpoint trajectory. Controlling those physical parameters are difficult because of its nonlinear behaviour. The model has heat and volumetric balances, and a very realistic feature is that instrument, actuator and process non-linearity’s have been carefully measured, for instance, to take account of the volume occupied by heating coils in the tank. Experimental data from step testing and recordings of real disturbances are presented. The model in Simulink and the experimental data are available electronically and some suggestions are given for their application in education, system identification, fault detection and diagnosis. The performance of the CSTH process has improved and the parameters are maintained at their desired level of the set points with minimum Integral Square Error (ISE), minimum rise time, minimum peak overshoot and minimum settling time. The real time plant is interfaced with LabVIEW with NI data acquisition card, Zigbee based wireless data transmission and the experimental results are discussed in this proposed work.
- Kalpesh B. Pathak , Dipak M. Adhyaru „Model Reference Adaptive Control of Jacketed STIRRED-TANK Heater‟ International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Vol. 2, Issue 7, July 2013
- Abdur Raquib Ridwan, Ishtiza Ibne Azad, Md. Ibnea Sina Bony „A Simulink Modeling to Develop a Control System of Stirred Tank Heater with Multifarious Operating Conditions‟ International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 57– No.21, November 2012
- Vishal Vishnoi, Subhransu Padhee, Gagandeep Kaur „Controller Performance Evaluation for Concentration Control of Isothermal Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor‟ International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 2, Issue 6, June 2012
- J Prakash and K Srinivasan, “Design of nonlinear PID controller and nonlinear model predictive controller for a continuous stirred tank reactor,” ISA Transactions, 48, 2009, pp. 273 – 282
- Nina F. Thornhill a,*, Sachin C. Patwardhan b , Sirish L. Shah c „A continuous stirred tank heater simulation model with applications‟Journal of Process Control 18 (2008) 347– 360 July 2007
- F. Loquasto, D.E. Seborg, Monitoring model predictive control systems using pattern classification and neural networks, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 42 (2003) 4689–4701
- D. Chen, D.E. Seborg, Relative gain array analysis for uncertain process models, AIChE Journal 48 (2002) 302– 310.
- J.G. Van de Vusse, Plug-flow type reactor versus tank reactor, Chemical Engineering Science 19 (1964) 994–997.
- J.G. Van de Vusse, Plug-flow type reactor versus tank reactor, Chemical Engineering Science 1964) 994–997.