Author : Ruchi Patel 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: The purpose of this review paper is to provide concrete information about information hiding in low bit-rate speech codec. In recent years, due to the uninterrupted escalation of network bandwidth and the augmentation of network convergence gravitating, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is extensively used. This paper addresses the literature survey of information hiding in low bit-rate speech codec in time, frequency and wavelet and spectrum domain. The technique reviewed here are least significant bits(LSB), vector quantization, phase coding(PE), analysis by synthesis(ABS) based, quantization index modulation(QIM) which deals with information hiding in low bit rate speech codec. Information hiding is deliberate in terms of embedding capacity, signal to watermark ratio, hiding capacity
- Liu, Lihua, et al. "Perceptually transparent information hiding in G. 729 bitstream." Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, 2008. IIHMSP'08 International Conference on. IEEE, 2008.
- Ito, Akinori, and Yoiti Suzuki. "Information hiding for G. 711 speech based on substitution of least significant bits and estimation of tolerable distortion." IEICE transactions on fundamentals of electronics, communications and computer sciences 93.7 (2010): 1279-1286.
- R. Miao and Y.F. Huang, “ n pproach of Covert Communication Based on the Adaptive Steganography Scheme on Voice over IP“, Communications ICC , I International Conference on Kyoto ,5-9 , pp. 1- 5, June 2011.
- Jin L, Ke Z, Hui T (2012) Least-significant-digit steganography in low bitrate speech. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2012. IEEE, pp 1133–1137.
- Liu, Ji-Xin, Zhe-Ming Lu, and Hao Luo. "A CELPspeech information hiding algorithm based on vector quantization." Information Assurance and Security, 2009. IAS'09. Fifth International Conference on. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2009.
- Bender, Walter, et al. "Techniques for data hiding." IBM systems journal 35.3.4 (1996): 313-336.
- Djebbar, Fatiha, et al. "Comparative study of digital audio steganography techniques." EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing 2012.1 (2012): 25.
- Kulkarni, Sheetal A., Patil SB Patil, and B. S. Patil. "A Optimized and Secure Audio Steganography for Hiding Secret Information-Review." Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE) (2012): 12-16.  Wu, Zhi-jun, Wei Yang, and Yi-xian Yang. "ABS-based speech information hiding approach." Electronics Letters 39.22 (2003): 1617-1619.
- Xiao, Bo, Yongfeng Huang, and Shanyu Tang. "An approach to information hiding in low bit-rate speech stream." Global Telecommunications Conference, 2008. IEEE GLOBECOM 2008. IEEE. IEEE, 2008.
- Chen, Brian, and Gregory W. Wornell. "Quantization index modulation methods for digital watermarking and information embedding of multimedia." Journal of VLSI Signal Processing Systems 27.1-2 (2001): 7-33.
- Tahilramani, Nikunj V., and Ninad Bhatt. "A hybrid scheme of information hiding incorporating steganography as well as watermarking in the speech signal using Quantization index modulation (QIM)." Communication Systems, Computing and IT Applications (CSCITA), 2017 2nd International Conference on. IEEE, 2017.
- Rekik, Siwar, et al. "Speech steganography using wavelet and Fourier transforms." EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing 2012.1 (2012): 20.
- Patel, Shruhad Kumar J., and Nikunj V. Tahilramani. "Information Hiding Techniques: Watermarking, Steganography: A Review."
- Wu, Zhijun. Information Hiding in Speech Signals for Secure Communication. Syngress, 2014.
- Li, Song-bin, Huai-zhou Tao, and Yong-feng Huang. "Detection of quantization index modulation steganography in G. 723.1 bit stream based on quantization index sequence analysis." Journal of Zhejiang University-Science C 13.8 (2012): 624-634.
- Xu, Tingting, and Zhen Yang. "Simple and effective speech steganography in G. 723.1 low-rate codes." Wireless Communications & Signal Processing, 2009. WCSP 2009. International Conference on. IEEE, 2009.
- Lin, Rong-San. "An Imperceptible Information Hiding in Encoded Bits of Speech Signal." Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Huang, Yongfeng, et al. "Steganography integration into a low-bit rate speech codec." IEEE transactions on information forensics and security 7.6 (2012): 1865-1875.
- Liu, Peng, Songbin Li, and Haiqiang Wang. "Steganography integrated into linear predictive coding for low bit-rate speech codec." Multimedia Tools and Applications 76.2 (2017): 2837-2859.
- “Information Hiding in Speech Signals for Secure Communication”, Zhijun Wu, ISBN: 978-0-12-801328-1.
- Katzenbeisser, Stefan, and Fabien Petitcolas. Information hiding techniques for steganography and digital watermarking. Artech house, 2000.
- Bandyopadhyay, Samir K., et al. "A tutorial review on steganography." International conference on contemporary computing. Vol. 101. 2008.