Author : Niveditha P S 1
Date of Publication :20th February 2018
Abstract: Ad-hoc networks are a new paradigm of wireless communication for mobile hosts where node mobility causes frequent changes in topology. Ad hoc networks are self-configurable and autonomous systems consisting of routers and hosts, which are able to support movability and organize themselves arbitrarily. Moreover, other characteristics such as frequent changes of the topology, nodes limitations like energy resource, storage device, CPU and communication channel limitations like bandwidth, reliability add extra challenges. Mobile ad hoc networks aimed to propose solutions to some fundamental problems, such as routing, coping with the new challenges caused by networks and nodes features without taking the security issues into account. Hence, all these solutions are vulnerable to threats. Any node under attack in ad hoc network exhibits an anomalous behavior called the malicious behavior. This paper is a survey on different malicious node detection mechanisms, and the security problems caused due to malicious nodes in mobile ad hoc networks.
- I.-P. Hubaux, T. Gross, I.-y. L. Boudec, and M. Vetterli, "Toward self organized mobile adhoc networks- the terminodes project," Ieee Communications Magazine, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 118- 124, Jan. 2001.
- G. S. Mamatha and Dr. S. C. Sharma "Analyzing the MANET Variaitons, Challenges, Capacity and Protocol Issues" international Journal 0/ Computer Science & Engineering Survey (fJCSES) , voU, no.1 , pp. 14-21 , August 2010
- M. AI-Shurman, S.-M. Yoo, and S. Park, "Black hole attack in mobile adhoc networks," in Proc. ACMSE '04, 2004, p. 96-97.
- Saurabh Gupta, Subrat Kar, S Dharmaraja, "BAAP: Black hole Attack Avoidance Protocol for Wireless Network," in Proc. iCCCT'j j , 2011 , p.468-473 .
- Rutvij H. Ihaveri, Sankita J. Patel and Devesh C. linwala, "A Novel Approach for GrayHole and BlackHole Attacks in Mobile Ad hoc Networks," in Proc. ACCT '12, 2012, p. 556-560.
- Saurabh Gupta, Subrat Kar, S Dharmaraja, "WHOP: Wormhole Attack Detection Protocol using Hound Packet," in Proc. JJT'll, 2011 , p. 226-231.
- Yih ChunHu, Adrian Perrig, David B. Johnson, "Rushing Attacks and Defense in Wireless Ad hoc Network Routing Protocols," in Proc. WiSe'03 , 2003, p. 30-40.
- Issa Khalil, Saurabh 8agchi, Ness B. Shroff, " L1TEWORP: A Lightweight Countermeasure for the Wormhole Attack in Multihop Wireless Networks," in Proc. DSN'05, 2005, p. 612-621.
- Radha Poovendran and Loukas Lazos, " A graph theoretic fi'amework for preventing the wormhole attack in wireless ad hoc networks," in A CM Journal on Wireless Networks (WINET) , vol. 13, pp. 27 - 59, March2007.