Author : Dr G.Indumathi 1
Date of Publication :9th April 2018
Abstract: This paper proposes a unified channel estimation scheme for multiuser massive multiple input multiple output (MIMO) systems in time-varying environment. In this paper, a new discrete Fourier transform (DFT) based spatial-temporal basis expansion model (ST-BEM) is introduced to mitigate the training overhead and feedback cost by reducing the dimensions of uplink and downlink channel. This model is suitable for both time division duplex (TDD) and frequency division duplex (FDD) systems. A new greedy user scheduling algorithm is also introduced to improve the Spectral efficiency. Various simulation results are provided to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- A.Adhikary, J. Nam, J.-Y. Ahn, and G. Caire, ―Joint spatial division and multiplexing— the large-scale array regime,‖ IEEE Trans. Inf.Theory,vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 6441–6463, Oct. 2013.
- H. Yin, D. Gesbert, M. Filippou, and Y. Liu, ―A coordinated approach to channel estimation in large-scale multiple-antenna systems,‖ IEEE J. Sel.Areas Commun., vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 264–273, Feb. 2013.
- X. Rao and V. K. Lau, ―Distributed compressive CSIT estimation and feedback for FDD multi-user massive MIMO systems,‖ IEEE Trans.Signal Process., vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 3261–3271, Jun. 2014.
- Hongxiang Xie, Feifei Gao, Shun Zhang, and Shi Jin, ―A Unified Transmission Strategy for TDD/FDD Massive MIMO Systems With Spatial Basis Expansion Model,‖ IEEE Transactions on vehicular technology, vol. 66, no. 4, Apr 2017.
- G. B. Giannakis and C. Tepedelenlioglu, ―Basis expansion models and diversity techniques for blind identification and equalization of time-varying channels,‖ Proc. IEEE, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 1969–1986,Oct. 1998.
- S. P. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization. Cambridge,MA, USA: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2004.
- Hongxiang Xie, Feifei Gao, Shun Zhang, and Shi Jin, ―A Simple DFT-aided Spatial Basis Expansion Model and Channel Estimation Strategy for TDD/FDD Massive MIMO Systems,‖ arXiv:1511.04841v6 [cs.IT] 9 Jan 20.
- F. Rusek et al., ―Scaling up MIMO: Opportunities and challenges with very large arrays,‖ IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 40–60, Jan. 2013.
- E. Larsson, O. Edfors, F. Tufvesson, and T. Marzetta, ―Massive MIMO for next massive MIMO systems: Openloop and closed-loop training with memory,‖ IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 802–814, Oct. 2014.
- J. Choi, D. J. Love, and P. Bidigare, ―Downlink training techniques for FDD massive MIMO systems: Open-loop and closed-loop training with memory,‖ IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 802–814, Oct. 2014.
- A. Duly, T. Kim, D. Love, and J. Krogmeier, ―Closedloop beam alignment for massive MIMO channel estimation,‖ IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1439– 1442, Aug. 2014.
- P. H. Kuo, H. Kung, and P. A. Ting, ―Compressive sensing based channel feedback protocols for spatiallycorrelated massive antenna arrays,‖ in Proc. IEEE WCNC, Shanghai, China, Apr. 2012, pp. 492–497