Author : Dipak U. Chaudhari 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: Steganography means the study of invisible communication. In Steganography usually, hide the existence of the communicated data in such a way that it remains confidential & it maintains secrecy between two communicating parties. Data hiding techniques have the crucial role in the rapid growth of secret communications & intensive transfer of multimedia content. The art of hiding information in ways that prevent detection is used in Steganography. Secrecy is achieved by embedding data into cover image and generating a stego-image, in image Steganography. Different types of steganography techniques are present & each has their strengths and weaknesses. In this paper, we review the different data hiding & security techniques that are used to implement a steganography
- Johnson, N.F and Jajodia, S., “Exploring Steganography:Seeing the Unseen”, Computer Journal, February 2008.
- Blossom kaur1, Amandeep kaur2 and Jasdeep singh,”Steganographic approach for hiding image in dct domain” International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, July 2011.
- R.Amirtharajan and R.Akila,” A Comparative Analysisof Image Steganography;” International Journal of ComputerApplications (0975 – 8887) ,Volume 2 – No.3, May 2010.
- V. Nagaraj, Dr. V. Vijayalakshmi and Dr. G. Zayaraz, “Modulo based Image Steganography Technique against Statistical and Histogram Analysis”, IJCA Special Issue on“Network Security and Cryptography” NSC, 2011.
- Dumitrescu, S., W. Xiaolin and Z. Wang, 2003. Detection of LSB steganography via sample pair analysis. In: LNCS, Vol. 2578, Springer-Verlag, New York, pp: 355 -372.
- T. Sharp, “An implementation of key-based digital signal Steganography”, in Proc. Information Hiding Workshop,Springer LNCS 2137, pp. 13–26, 2001.
- Jarno Mielikainen, "LSB Matching Revisited", Signal Processing Letters, IEEE, Publication Date: May 2006Volume : 13, Issue : 5, pp. 285- 287.
- K..M. Singh, L.S. Singh, A.B. Singh and K.S. Devi,“Hiding Secret Message in Edges of the Images”, Information and Communication Technology, 2007. ICICT „07, pp. 238-241
- Jagvinder Kaur and Sanjeev Kumar, ” Study and Analysis of Various Image Steganography Techniques” IJCST Vol.2, Issue 3, September 2011
- Lee, Y.K.; Chen, and L.H., “High capacity image Steganographic model”, Visual Image Signal Processing, 147:03,June 2008
- Ahn, L.V. and N.J. Hopper, 2004. Public-key steganography. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science.Vol. 3027 /2004 of Advances in Cryptology - EUROCRYPT 2004, pp: 323–341. Springer-Verlag Heidelberg.
- Yang, Chunfang., Liu, Fenlin., Luo, Xiangyang., and Zeng, Ying., “Pixel Group Trace Model-Based Quantitative Steganalysis for Multiple Least-Significant Bits Steganography”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Vol. 8, No. 1, January 2013.
- Ishwarjot Singh ,J.P Raina,“ Advance Scheme for Secret Data Hiding System using Hop field & LSB” International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) – volume 4 Issue 7–July 2013.
- G. Manikandan, N. Sairam and M. Kamarasan “A Hybrid Approach for Security Enhancement by Compressed Crypto-Stegno Scheme “, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 4(6): 608-614, 2012
- Shabir A. Parah, Javaid A. Sheikh, G.M. Bhat, “Data Hiding in Intermediate Significant Bit Planes, A High Capacity Blind Steganographic Technique”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Science, Engineering and Technology , pp.192-197, July 2012.
- Michel K. Kulhandjian, Dimitris A. Pados, Ming Li, Stella N. Batalama, and Michael J. Medley, “Extracting spread-spectrum hidden data from digital media “, IEEE transactions on information forensics and security, vol. 8, no. 7, july 2013
- Chang, Chin-Chen., Lin, Iuan-Chang., and Yaun-Hui YU., “ A new Steganographic method for color and gray scale image hiding”, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, ELSEVIER, Vol. 107, No. 3, pp. 183- 194,2007.
- Bailey, K., and Curran, K., “An Evaluation of Image Based Steganography Methods”, Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 55-88, 2006.
- Adnan Gutub, Ayed Al-Qahtani, Abdulaziz Tabakh, “Triple-A: Secure RGB Image Steganography Based on Randomization”, International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA-2009), pp: 400-403, 10- 13 May 2009.
- Swati malik, Ajit “Securing Data by Using Cryptography with Steganography” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2013.