Author : Amrutha P B 1
Date of Publication :26th April 2018
Abstract: In this paper, a novel fractal design technique for the multiband antenna is presented. A coplanar waveguide (CPW) - the fed circular patch is used to obtain the wideband characteristics. Applying the concept of the fractal to antennas allows for multiband operation along with miniaturization. The antenna has been fabricated on an FR4 epoxy substrate with thickness 1.6mm and relative permittivity of 4.4. The simulations are performed using Ansoft HFSS and the results show that the proposed antenna can be used for different wireless communications.
- Alkanhal, M. A. S., “Composite compact triple-band microstrip antennas”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 93, pp. 221-236, 2009.
- Yao, Y., X. Wang, and J. Yu, “Multiband planar monopole antenna for LTE MIMO systems”, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 890705, 2012.
- Lee, C. H., Y. H. Chang, and C. E. Chiou, “Design of multi-band CPW-fed antenna for triple frequency operation”, Electronics Letters, vol. 48, No. 10, pp.543–545, May 2012
- Mirkamali, A., L. Akhoondzadeh-Asl, P. S. Hall, and K. Moussakhani, “Modified multiband multiple ring monopole antenna,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 14, 173–183, 2010.
- Chen, S. W., D. Y. Wang, and W. H. Tu, “Dualband/tri-band/broadband CPW-fed stepped impedance slot dipole antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 62, No. 1, pp.485–490, Jan. 2014.
- Zhang, S. M., F. S. Zhang,W. M. Li, W. Z. Li, and H. Y.Wu, “A multiband monopole antenna with two different slots for WLAN and WIMAX applications,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 28, pp.173–181, 2012.
- Jacob Abraham and Thomaskutty Mathew,“Dual Band David Fractal Microstrip Patch Antenna for GSM and WiMAX Applications” , Wireless Engineering and Technology, vol.6, 33-40, 2015
- Khan, O. M., Z. U. Islam, I. Rashid, F. A. Bhatti, and Q. U. Islam, “Novel miniaturized Koch pentagonal fractal antenna for multiband wireless applications,” Progress In Electromagnetic Research, vol. 141, pp.693–710, 2013.
- Jawad K. Ali, Mahmood T. Yassen, Mohammed R. Hussan, and Ali J. Salim , “A Printed Fractal Based Slot Antenna for Multi-band Wireless Communication Applications”, PIERS Proceedings, Moscow, Russia, August 19-23, 2012.
- Padmavathi C, “Miniaturisation Of Patch Antenna Using Novel Fractal Geometry”, International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering & Technology (IJECET),vol 7, pp. 63-74,2016
- Viani, F., “Dual-band Sierpinski pre-fractal antenna for 2.4 GHz-WLAN and 800 MHz-LTE wireless devices,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 35, pp.63–71, 2013.
- De Dieu, N. J. and W. Zhou, “Koch-based circular CPW fed dual UWB antenna,” IEEE Conference on Microwave Technology and Computational Electromagnetics (ICMTCE), pp.200–203, Aug. 2013.
- Aziz, R. S., M. A. S. Alkanhal, and A. F. A. Sheta, “Multiband fractal-like antennas,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 29, pp.339–354, 2011.
- Lizzi, L. and G. Oliveri, “Hybrid design of a fractalshaped GSM/UMTS antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, vol. 24, pp. 707-719, 2011.
- Zamel, H. M., Attiya, A. M., Hashish, E. A, “Design of a compact UWB planar antenna with band-notch characterization”, Radio Science Conference, Cairo (Egypt), pp. 1-8, 2007.
- Chu, Q.-X., Yang, Y.-Y., “A compact CPW-fed planar ultrawideband antenna with a frequency notch characteristic”, Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, Bangkok (Thailand), 2007.
- Choi, S. H., Lee, H. J., Kim, J. K, “Design of an ultra-wideband antenna with band notch characteristic”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium. San Diego (USA), pp. 1 – 4, 2008.
- Jafari, H. M., Deen, M. J., Hranilovic, S., Nikolova, N. K, “Slot antenna for ultra-wideband applications”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Albuquerque (USA), , pp. 1107 – 1110,2006