Author : Pradeep H S 1
Date of Publication :19th July 2018
Abstract: Microstrip antennas play an important role in RF Communication. They are available in different configurations for various applications. In this paper, the patch antenna with inset feed configuration is designed which works at 10GHz frequency mainly for X-band communication. The antenna is designed using HFSS tool to determine its dimensions and evaluate performance parameters. The antenna substrate thickness is 1.588mm RT Duroid with a dielectric constant of 2.2. The antenna performance parameters such as return loss, VSWR, gain, directivity, bandwidth are found in the simulation.
- Merbin John, Ayyappan.M, Manoj.B, Stephen Rodrigues, “Bandwidth Enhancement of Microstrip Antenna for 5.8GHz by Optimised Feed Offset”, IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, pp. 5090-0396, April 2016.
- Sajina Pradhan, Dong You Choi, “Inset Fed Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Communication at 2.45GHz”, Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, 18(8): pp.1785-1790, August 2014.
- Nazish Irfan, Mustapha C. E. Yagoub, and Khelifa Hettak, “Design of a Microstrip-Line-Fed Inset Patch Antenna for RFID Applications”, IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 5, October 2012.
- Vinayak Samarthay, Swarna Pundir, Bansi Lal, “Designing and Optimization of Inset Fed Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna (RMPA) for Varying Inset Gap and Inset Length”, International Journal of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, pp. 1007-1013, 2014.
- M. Ramesh and K. Yip, “Design formula for inset fed microstrip patch antenna”, Journal of Microwaves and Optoelectronics, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 5–10, 2003.
- A. Kumar, J. Kaur, and R. Singh, “Performance analysis of different feeding techniques”, International Journal of Emerging technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 3,pp. 884–890, 2013.
- Hu Ying , Jackson David R. , Williams Jeffery T. , Long Stuart A, “A Design Approach for Inset Fed Rectangular Microstrip Antennas”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 1491 - 1494 , 2006.
- Balanis Constantine A. "Antenna Theory Analysis and Design" , 2nd edition.