Author : Sachin Cherey 1
Date of Publication :22nd January 2020
Abstract: The article introduces an omnidirectional antenna having dimensions as a 20x20x0.8mm cube. It consists of square radiation patch, defected ground and operates at wireless local area network (WLAN) (4.3-5.9GHz),wide interoperability for microwave access band(WiMAX)(3.4-3.6GHz)and universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS) (1920-2170MHz) band and hence is suitable for all general purpose communication features. The antenna is compact in size.
- H.F. AbuTarboush, R. Nilavalan, D. Budimir, and H.S. Al-Raweshidy, Double U-slots patch antenna for tri-band wireless systems, Int J Radio Freq Microwave Computer Aided Eng, pp. 279–285, 2010.
- M. He, X. Ye, P. Zhou, G. Zhao, C. Zhang, and H. Sun, A smallsize dual-feed broadband circularly polarized U-slot patch antenna, IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Lett 14, pp.898–901, 2015.
- J.D. Kraus and R. J. Marhefka, “Antennas for All Applications,” McGraw-Hill, New York, 1988
- Chandan, Toolika Srivastava, B.S.Rai. Multiband monopole U-slot antenna with truncated ground plane. Microwave and optical technology letters| Volume 58, Issue 8, 2016.
- A.R. Jalali, J.Ahamdi-Shokouh, S.R. Emadian. Microwave and optical technology letters | volume 58, Issue 4, 2016
- W. C. Liu and Y. Dai, “A Dual-Band Shorted Monopole Antenna for WLAN-Band Applications,”Microwave Optical Technology Letters, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2142-2145, 2011.
- A. K. Sharma, A. Mittal and B. V. R. Reddy, “Slot Embedded Dual-Band Patch Antenna for WLAN and WiMAX Application,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 608- 609, 2015.
- Chandan, Toolika Srivastava and B.S.Rai, “L-Slotted Microstrip Fed Monopole Antenna for Triple Band WLAN and WiMAX Applications,” Springer in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Frontiers in Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications, vol. 516, pp. 351-359, 2017.
- Chandan and B.S.Rai, “Dual-Band Monopole Patch Antenna Using Microstrip Fed for WiMAX and WLAN Applications,” Springer Proceedings of Third International Conference INDIA 2016; Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications, vol. 2, pp. 533-539, 2016.
- Chandan, G.D.Bharti, P.K.Bharti and B.S.Rai, “Miniaturized Pi (π) - Slit Monopole Antenna for 2.4/5.2/5.8 Applications,” AIP Conference Proceedings, American Institute of Physics pp. 200351- 200356, 2018. doi: 10.1063/1.5031997.