Author : Sudhir kumar 1
Date of Publication :25th March 2021
Abstract: Till date, photonic researchers and scientists discovered rapid technological changes in the optical fibers, a new class of optical fiber i.e., Photonic Crystal Fibers (PCF) shows a great potential in replacing conventional optical fibers due to their numerous advantages such as adjustability to guide light in a desired direction etc. Filling of airholes with chemical analyte makes it suitable for liquid sensing applications. However, achieving a high sensitivity for liquid sensing is still a challenge. This article presents a detail theoretical investigation of some existing PCF designs based on different geometries and core structures for liquid chemical sensing applications. The investigation is done based on optical properties viz. relative sensitivity and confinement loss.
- Atiqullah, S.M., Palit, A., Reja, M.I., Akhtar, J., Fatema, S. and Absar, R., 2019. Detection of harmful food additives using highly sensitive photonic crystal fiber. Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, 23, p.100275.
- Sen, S., Chowdhury, S., Ahmed, K. and Asaduzzaman, S., 2017. Design of a porous cored hexagonal photonic crystal fiber based optical sensor with high relative sensitivity for lower operating wavelength. Photonic Sensors, 7(1), pp.55-65.
- Cerqueira Jr, S.A., do Nascimento Jr, A.R., Bonomini, I.A.M., Franco, M.A.R., Serrão, V.A. and Cordeiro, C.M.B., 2015. Strong power transfer between photonic bandgaps of hybrid photonic crystal fibers. Optical Fiber Technology, 22, pp.36- 41
- Singh, S. and Kaur, V., 2017, July. Photonic crystal fiber sensor based on sensing ring for different blood components: design and analysis.In 2017 Ninth International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN) (pp. 399-403). IEEE.
- Arif, M.F.H. and Biddut, M.J.H., 2017. Enhancement of relative sensitivity of photonic crystal fiber with high birefringence and low confinement loss. Optik, 131, pp.697-704.
- Ademgil, H., 2014. Highly sensitive octagonal photonic crystal fiber-based sensor. Optik, 125(20), pp.6274-6278.
- Ahmed, Sayed Asaduzzaman. "Design of a porous cored hexagonal photonic crystal fiber based optical sensor with high relative sensitivity for lower operating wavelength" , Photonic Sensors, 2017
- Arif, M.F.H., Ahmed, K., Asaduzzaman, S. and Azad, M.A.K., 2016. Design and optimization of photonic crystal fiber for liquid sensing applications. Photonic Sensors, 6(3), pp.279-288
- Arif, M.F.H. and Biddut, M.J.H., 2017. A new structure of photonic crystal fiber with high sensitivity, high nonlinearity, high birefringence and low confinement loss for liquid analyte sensing applications. Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, 12, pp.8-14
- Islam, M.I., Ahmed, K., Islam, M.S., Paul, B.K., Sen, S., Chowdhury, S., Asaduzzaman, S., Bahar, A.N. and Miah, M.B.A., 2017. Single-mode spiral shape fiber based liquid sensor with ultra-high sensitivity and ultra-low loss: Design and analysis. Karbala International Journal of Modern Science, 3(3), pp.131-142.
- Malavika, R. and Prabu, K., 2019. Design optimization of a highly sensitive spiral photonic crystal fiber for liquid and chemical sensing applications. Optical Fiber Technology, 51, pp.36- 40.
- Leon, M.J.B.M. and Kabir, M.A., 2020. Design of a liquid sensing photonic crystal fiber with high sensitivity, bireferingence & low confinement loss. Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, p.100335.
- Optical and Wireless Technologies" , Springer Science and Business Media LLC, 2020.
- Monir Morshed, Md. Imran Hassan, Tusher Kanti Roy, Muhammad Shahin Uddin, S. M. Abdur Razzak. "Microstructure core photonic crystal fiber for gas sensing applications" , Applied Optics, 2015.
- M. Suganthy, Bikash Kumar Paul, Kawsar Ahmed, Md. Ibadul Islam, Md. Asaduzzaman Jabin, Ali Newaz Bahar, M.S. Mani Rajan. "Analysis of optical sensitivity of Analytes in aqua solutions" , Optik, 2018.