Author : Akshay M. Sajjanar 1
Date of Publication :15th June 2021
Abstract: Land measurement is a general nomenclature which is used to explain, in the absolute manner, the knowledge and application of measurement of land. This conjointly includes land conversion that can be known as the procedure by which land or property is measured. It is the technique using which a piece of land or property is converted from one unit to a different one. The proposed design is to make the land survey by using a robot using the updated technology. Here, a robot is designed and programmed to conduct land survey, specifically to calculate the length traversed and area of a given land followed by subdividing the given plot it into subplots if required.The survey robot traverses along the given path and sends the values for the distance measured and area calculated. After optimizing the power given to the motors for proper simulation the speed of the robot was brought down to 0.5 meters per second which was desirable for effective control of the robot and subplotting. After the ASCII code for the plotting details was sent to the survey robot through the bluetooth application, the robot successfully decoded by the micro controller and the subplotting was accomplished. A 3% error has been observed while calculating the distance measured and 6% error while calculating the area measured.
- D. Patil, M. Ansari, D. Tendulkar, R. Bhatlekar, V. N. Pawar and S. Aswale, "A Survey On Autonomous Military Service Robot," 2020 International Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology and Engineering (ic-ETITE), 2020, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/ic-ETITE47903.2020.78.
- P. K. Pandey, Maneesha, S. Sharma, V. Kumar and S. Pandey, "An Intelligent Terrain Profiling Embedded System for Underwater Applications," 2018 4th International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology (CICT), 2018, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/CIACT.2018.8480329.
- M. M. Billah, Z. M. Yusof, K. Kadir and A. M. M. Ali, "Complex Terrain Negotiation Navigation: Survey on Different Robots," 2019 IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Application (ICSIMA), 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICSIMA47653.2019.9057322.
- J. Yue, "Learning Locomotion For Legged Robots Based on Reinforcement Learning: A Survey," 2020 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Control Technologies (CEECT), 2020, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/CEECT50755.2020.9298680.
- A. S. Morgan, R. L. Baines, H. McClintock and B. Scassellati, "Unstructured Terrain Navigation and Topographic Mapping with a Low-cost Mobile Cuboid Robot," 2019 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2019, pp. 3597-3602, doi: 10.1109/IROS40897.2019.8968534.
- J. Chang, R. Wang and W. Wang, "A real time terrain recognition method for mobile robot moving," 2016 International Conference on System Science and Engineering (ICSSE), 2016, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICSSE.2016.7551593.
- W. Guo, Y. Liu, D. Teng and X. Gao, "Analysis of terrain interaction with a wheel-track robot," 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), 2015, pp. 1852-1857, doi: 10.1109/ROBIO.2015.7419042.
- M. Ishizono, Y. Kakigi, Y. Takahashi, R. Miyagusuku and K. Ozaki, "Bio-inspired salamander robot leg design for uneven terrains," 2020 IEEE 9th Global Conference on Consumer Electronics (GCCE), 2020, pp. 128-129, doi: 10.1109/GCCE50665.2020.9291933.
- J. M. García Caicedo, A. Bohórquez Rodríguez and A. A. Valero Mora, "Suspension Effect in Tip-over Stability and Steerability of Robots Moving on Sloping Terrains," in IEEE Latin America Transactions, vol. 18, no. 08, pp. 1381-1389, August 2020, doi: 10.1109/TLA.2020.9111673.
- Navya R, Rajalakshmi G P, Manoj Y U, Vasudeva J, Zahara Amreen, Mo-hammed Elahi, Smart driver assistance system for automobiles," International Journal of Scientific Research and Engineering Development, Jan-Feb 2019.
- S. Min Yoo, S. Wook Hwang, D. Ha Kim and J. Hyeon Park, "Biped Robot Walking on Uneven Terrain Using Impedance Control and Terrain Recognition Algorithm," 2018 IEEE-RAS 18th International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), 2018, pp. 293-298, doi: 10.1109/HUMANOIDS.2018.8624996.
- R. Sonker and A. Dutta, "Adding Terrain Height to Improve Model Learning for Path Tracking on Uneven Terrain by a Four Wheel Robot," in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 239-246, Jan. 2021, doi: 10.1109/LRA.2020.3039730
- Y. Aso, K. Aihara and K. Ito, "Multi-legged robot for rough terrain: SHINAYAKA-L VI," 2019 International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems (ICAMechS), 2019, pp. 136-141, doi: 10.1109/ICAMechS.2019.8861668
- P. Fankhauser, M. Bloesch and M. Hutter, "Probabilistic Terrain Mapping for Mobile Robots With Uncertain Localization," in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 3019-3026, Oct. 2018, doi: 10.1109/LRA.2018.2849506.
- S. D. A. P. Senadheera and A. M. H. S. Abeykoon, "Sensorless terrain estimation for a wheeled mobile robot," 2017 IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), 2017, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICIINFS.2017.8300422.
- S. Paudel, A. M. H. S. Abeykoon and S. D. A. P. Senadeera, "Sensor-Less Detection of Wheel Alignment Error for a Wheeled Mobile Robot using the Disturbance Observer," 2020 Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference (MERCon), 2020, pp. 572-577, doi: 10.1109/MERCon50084.2020.9185394.
- R. S. Abhi Krishna and S. Ashok, "Automated Land Area Estimation for Surveying Applications," 2020 International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), 2020, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/INCET49848.2020.9154042.
- R. Gowtham, J. Alfred Daniel, S. Karthik and R. C. Vignesh, "Revamping Digital Land Survey using GPS and Internet of Things (IoT)," 2018 International Conference on Soft-computing and Network Security (ICSNS), 2018, pp. 1-9, doi: 10.1109/ICSNS.2018.8573672.
- C. Cui, Y. Luo, J. Zeng, X. Shang and J. Du, "Kinematic Analysis and Simulation of Walking Leg of Bionic Amphibious Crab-Like Robot," 2020 6th International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR), 2020, pp. 762-767, doi: 10.1109/ICCAR49639.2020.9108093.
- A. A. Ravankar, A. Ravankar, T. Emaru and Y. Kobayashi, "A hybrid topological mapping and navigation method for large area robot mapping," 2017 56th Annual Conference of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers of Japan (SICE), 2017, pp. 1104-1107, doi: 10.23919/SICE.2017.8105770.
- W. Tian, "The research into methods of map building and path planning on mobile robots," 2017 IEEE 2nd Information Technology, Networking, Electronic and Automation Control Conference (ITNEC), 2017, pp. 1087-1090, doi: 10.1109/ITNEC.2017.8284907.
- J. Lin, Y. Liao, Y. Wang, Z. Chen and B. Liang, "A hybrid positioning method for multi-robot simultaneous location and mapping," 2018 37th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), 2018, pp. 4739- 4743, doi: 10.23919/ChiCC.2018.8483178.
- B. Zhang, M. Kaneko and H. Lim, "Robust Mapping for the Autonomous Mobile Robot Considering Potential Occupied Spaces of Objects," 2018 Sixth International Symposium on Computing and Networking Workshops (CANDARW), 2018, pp. 544-548, doi: 10.1109/CANDARW.2018.00106.
- S. Dörr, P. Barsch, M. Gruhler and F. G. Lopez, "Cooperative long term SLAM for navigating mobile robots in industrial applications," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI), 2016, pp. 297-303, doi: 10.1109/MFI.2016.7849504.