Author : Kunal Karnik 1
Date of Publication :25th June 2021
Abstract: In today’s cyber era, user’s privacy and safety have become the topmost priority for the automobile industry. As the world is transitioning towards the field of IoT, all the vehicles can communicate with the embedded devices within them such as the GPS, sensors, and cameras. Along with it, the interconnectivity between these vehicles is also evolving day by day. Keeping this in mind, we have proposed certain improvements by using the existing symmetric cryptographic algorithms to prevent cyber-attacks. Our technique mainly focuses on improving the locking and unlocking mechanism of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) using time-efficient and secure techniques
- Jinita Patel and Manik Lal Das, “On the Security of Remote Key Less Entry for Vehicles”, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Network and Telecommunication Systems (ANTS), 2018.
- Tobias Glocker and Timo Mantere, “A Protocol for a Secure Remote Keyless Entry System Applicable in Vehicles using Symmetric-Key Cryptography”, 8th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS), 2017.
- Madhumitha Sri Selvakumar, Rohini Purushoth Kumar, Gunasekaran Raja, “Effective Cryptography Mechanism for Enhancing Security in Smart Key System”, IEEE Tenth International Conference on Advanced Computing (ICoAC), 2018.
- Vanesa Daza and Xavier Salleras. “LASER: Lightweight and Secure Remote keyless entry protocol”, Arxiv, 2019.
- Prof. Sahu, SonaliLole, “Vehicle Theft Alert & Engine Lock System Using ARM7”, International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education (IJARIIE), 2017.
- Zeinab El-Rewini, Karthikeyan Sadatsharan, “Cybersecurity challenges in vehicular communications”, Elsevier, 2019.
- Omar A. Dawood, Othman I. Hammadi, “An Analytical Study for Some Drawbacks and Weakness Points of the AES Cipher (Rijndael Algorithm)”, 1st International Conference on Information Technology (ICoIT’17), 2017
- Flavio D. Garcia et al., “Lock It and Still Lose It – On the (In) Security of Automotive Remote Keyless Entry Systems”, 25th USENIX Security Symposium, 2016.
- Roel Verdult, Flavio D. Garcia, Josep Balasch, “Gone in 360 Seconds: Hijacking with Hitag2”, Conference: 21st USENIX Security Symposium, 2012.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri, "Jamming mitigation in cognitive radio networks", IEEE Network, 2013.
- Andrey Bogdanov, "Linear Slide Attacks on the KeeLoq Block Cipher", Springer International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology, 2007.
- Sebastiaan Indesteeg, Nathan Keller, "A Practical Attack on KeeLoq", Citeseerx, 2008.
- Kobus Marneweck, “An Introduction to KEELOQ Code Hopping”, http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/9100 2a.pdf
- Stefan van de Beek and Frank Leferink. “Vulnerability of Remote Keyless-Entry Systems against Pulsed Electromagnetic Interference and Possible Improvements”, In IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2016.
- Andreas Dandalis, Viktor Prasanna, Jose Rolim, "A Comparative Study of Performance of AES Final Candidates Using FPGAs", Springer International Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems, 2002.
- S.A.M. Rizvi, Syed Zeeshan Hussain, Neeta Wadhwa, "Performance Analysis of AES and TwoFish Encryption Schemes", International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, 2011.
- Reena Singh, Shaurya Taneja, Kavneet Kaur, "Modified play-fair encryption method using quantum concept", International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), 2016.
- Cloud Storage Information, https://cloudstorageinfo.org/twofish-vs-aes-encryption
- Anil G. Sawant, Dr Vilas N. Nitnaware, “Twofish Algorithm for Encryption and Decryption”, Volume 6 Issue 1, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), 2019.
- Aparna K, Jyothy Solomon, “A Study of Twofish Algorithm”, International Journal of Engineering development and research (IJEDR), 2016.
- Deepali Rane, “Superiority of Twofish over Blowfish”, International Journal of scientific research and management (IJSRM), 2016.
- Niansheng Liu, Jianjun Cai, "Cryptographic Performance for Rijndael and RC6 Block Ciphers", IEEE International Conference on Anti-counterfeiting, Security, and Identification (ASID), 2017.
- Kyle Greene, Deven Rodgers, “Timestamp-based Defense Mechanism Against Replay Attack in Remote Keyless Entry Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), 2020.
- Samy Kamkar Blogs, http://samy.pl/
- Juan Wang and Karim Lounis, “CSKES: A Contextbased Secure Keyless Entry System”, IEEE 43rd Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 2019.
- Finjan Cybersecurity Blog, https://blog.finjan.com/rijndael-encryption-algorithm