Author : Rajeev Kumar Dohare 1
Date of Publication :21st July 2021
Abstract: High power flowing medium chemical laser have apparently achieved significant level power levels capable of target destruction. Few flowing medium lasers are still working towards these power levels and are at various stages of development. All Liquid medium lasers employing aprotic liquid, Lewis acid and rare earth ions termed as Liquid Laser (LL) are one amongst them. Development of these lasers essentially requires in depth understanding of multiple disciplines with overlapping influences. Safe operation of Liquid Laser is a critical concern, which needs to be sufficiently addressed prior to laser experimentation. This entails not only safe handling of subsystems, but also safety of human being/operator from any potential hazards posed by the chemicals employed in the laser system. The present paper discusses both manual and automatic safety schemes using suitable acquisition and control system for flowing medium Liquid laser.
- McDermott, W.E.; Pchlekin, N.R.; Benard, D.J. &Bonsek, R.R. An electronic transition chemical laser. Applied Phy. Lett., 1978, 32, 496. doi: 10.1063/1.90088
- Behrens, W. H. and Lohn, P.D. Hydrogen and Deuterium Fluoride Chemical Lasers in Gas lasers, ed. M. Endo and R. F. walter. CRC Press, Ny, 2007, pp. 341–367.
- Singhal, gaurav; Mainuddin; Rajesh, R.; Varshney, A.K.; Dohare, R.K.; Kumar, Sanjeev; Singh, et al. Test bed for a high throughput supersonic chemical oxygen-iodine laser. J. Quantum Electron.,Turpion Inc. 2011, 41(5), 430-432. doi: 10.1070/qe2011v041n05ABeH014434
- Carroll, D. L.; Overview of high energy lasers: Past, present and future? in Proc. AIAA (2011) 3102. doi: http://doi.org/10.2514/6.2011-3102.
- Singhal, Gaurav; Mainuddin and Tyagi, R. K.; Study of different nozzle configurations for supersonic COIL system, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials, Trans Tech Publishers, Switzerland, 2012, 110-116, 5301-5307 doi:https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AM M.110-116.5301
- Mainuddin, Tyagi, R. K; Rajesh, R; Singhal, Gaurav and Dawar, A. L.; Real time data acquisition and control system for a chemical oxygen-iodine laser, Measurement science and technology 2003, 14,1364-1372. doi: 10.1088/0957-0233/14/8/323
- Mainuddin; Singhal, Gaurav; Tyagi, R. K.; and Maini, A. K.; 2013, Development of safe infrared gas lasers, Optics and Laser Technology, 2013, 47, 56–63 doi: ttp://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2012.07.026
- Gui Luo, Hou Chaoqi, Peng Bo, Fan Dianyuan, A new fluid state laser system realizes laser output, High power lasers and applications, Proc. Of SPIE, 2010, 7843,784311, 1-11 doi: 10.1117/12.870197
- Chaoqi Hou, Haitao Guo, Jiangbo She, Xiaoxia, Zebang Qiao, Fei Gao, et.al., Neodymium fluid laser: Laser emission in circulating state, Optics and laser technology, 2012, 44, 1633-1635 doi: 10.1016/j.optlastec.2011.12.047
- Dohare, Rajeev K.; Mainuddin and Singhal, Gaurav; “Hybrid Data Acquisition System for Flowing Medium Lasers”; Defence Science Journal, May, 2020, 70 (3), 285-291 doi: 10.14429/dsj.70.14902
- Singhal, Gaurav; Mainuddin, Rajesh, R.; Beg, M. T.; Tyagi, R.K. and Dawar, A. L.; Overview of Optical Techniques for Characterization of High Power Infrared Gas Lasers, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2015, 15(8), 4165-4173 doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2015.2409114
- Mainuddin; Singhal, Gaurav; Tyagi, R. K. and Maini, A. K.; Diagnostics and data acquisition for chemical oxygen iodine laser, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 2012, 61(6), 1747-1756 doi: 10.1109/TIM.2011.2178727
- Sagar, Vidya; Ravikant, Chhaya; Mainuddin; Borkar, Manish and Mittal, Alok P.; Data acquisition system for arc driven HF/DF chemical lasers, Journal of Instrumentation Science and Technology, Taylor & Francis Inc., 2012, 40, 262- 274 doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10739149.2012.673197
- Mainuddin; Beg, M. T.; Moinuddin, Tyagi, R. K.; Rajesh, R.; Singhal, Gaurav and Dawar, A. L.; Optical spectroscopic based In-line iodine flow measurement system-an application to COIL, Journal of Sensors and Actuators: B, Elsevier Inc., 2005, 109(2), 375-380 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2005.01.004
- Sagar, Vidya; Ravikant, Chhaya; Singhal, Gaurav; Mainuddin and Mittal, Alok P.; Performance and control of 50kW Arc heater for Chemical lasers, Journal of Advanced Physics, American Scientific Publishers, California, USA, 2012, 1, 1-8 doi: https://doi.org/10.1166/jap.2012.1003