Author : Pooja R K 1
Date of Publication :31st July 2021
Abstract: Hummingbird is a brand new ultra-light-weight cryptographic algorithm focused on useful resource-restricted gadgets like RFID tags, smart cards, and Wi-Fi sensor nodes. In this project, we describe effective hardware implementations of a stand-alone Hummingbird component in field -programmable gate array (FPGA) gadgets. We enforce an encryption core and an encryption/decryption core at the low-cost Xilinx FPGA collection Spartan-6 and evaluate our consequences with different mentioned light-weight block cipher implementations at the identical collection. Our experimental consequences spotlight that with inside the context of low-fee FPGA implementation. Hummingbird has complimentary performance and low area essentials.
- D. Hong, J. Sung, S. Hong, J. Lim, S. Lee, B. S Koo, C. Lee, D. Chang, J. Lee, K. Jeong, H. Kim, J. Kim and S. Chee. (2006), “HIGHT: a new block cipher suitable for Low-Resource device”, Proceedings of CHES 2006, volume 4249 of LNCS, pages 46-9, Springer.
- F. X Standaert, G. Piret, N. Gershenfeld and J.-J. Quisquater. (2006), “SEA: a scalable encryption algorithm for small embedded application”, Smart Card Research and Applications, Proceedings of CARDIS 2006, volume 3928 of LNCS, pages 222- 236, Springer-Verlag.
- G.Leander, C.Paar, A. Poschmann and K. Schramm. (2007), “New LightweightDES Variants”, Fast Software Encryption
- A.Poschmann, A.bogdanov and L.R Knudsen. (2007), PRESENT: An UltraLightweight Block Cipher, springer.
- D. Engels, X. Fan, G. Gong, H. Hu and E. M. Smith. (2010), “Hummingbird:Ultra-Lightweight Cryptography for Resource- Constrained Devices”, toappear in the Proceedings of The 14th International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security - FC 2010, Berlin, Germany:Springer-Verlag
- X.Fan, G. Gong, K.Lauffenburger and T.Hicks. (2010), Design Space Exploration of Hummingbird Implementations on FPGAs, Techincal Report.
- Xinxin Fan, Honggang Hu, Guang Gong1, Eric M. Smith and Daniel Engels. (2009), “Lightweight Implementation of Hummingbird Cryptographic Algorithm on 4-Bit Microcontrollers”, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Xinxin Fan, Guang Gong, Ken Lauffenburger and Troy Hicks. (2010), “FPGA Implementations of the Hummingbird Cryptographic Algorithm”, 978- 1- 4244-7812-5/10/, IEEE. Advances in Systems Science and Application (2015) Vol.15 No.4 365
- Biao Min, Ray C.C. Cheung and Yan Han. (2011), “FPGA-based HighThroughput and Area-Efficient Architectures of the Hummingbird Cryptography”, 978-1-61284-972-0/11/, IEEE.
- Ismail San and Nuray At. (2011), “Compact Hardware Architecture for Hummingbird Cryptographic Algorithm”, 21st International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications, 978-0-7695-4529-5/11, IEEE
- J.-P. Kaps. (2008), “Chai-tea, cryptographic hardware implementations of xTEA”, INDOCRYPT 2008, LNCS, vol.5365, pp.363-375, Springer.
- P. Yalla and J.P. Kaps. (2009), “Lightweight Cryptography for FPGAs”, International Conference on Re-ConfigurableComputing and FPGAs ReConFig’09.
- F. Mace, F.X. Standaert and J.J. Quisquater. (2007), “FPGAimplementation(s) of a Scalable Encryption Algorithm”, IEEETrans, Very Large Scale Integ, (VLSI) Syst.Vol.16, No.2, pp.212-216.