Author : Mahamuthunesha K 1
Date of Publication :23rd October 2021
Abstract: Image data security is the essential portion in communication and multimedia world as part of sharing and storing information to avoid third party access. In this paper, the first joint encryption-compression scheme for the purpose of protecting the medical images has been proposed. The main originality of this scheme stands on its ability to give access to security services from both encrypted and compressed image bit streams without having to decrypt or to decompress them, even partially. A second contribution is that it combines in a single algorithm the bit substitution modulation with JPEG-LS and the AES block cipher algorithm in its CBC mode. On the other side, decompression, decryption and message extraction are conducted separately. Doing so makes the proposed scheme compliant to the medical image standard DICOM. This scheme allows tracing images and controlling their reliability (i.e. based on proofs of image integrity and authenticity) either from the encrypted domain or from the compressed domain. The experiments conducted on broad set of medical images like Retina and ultrasound images demonstrate the capability of our system to securely make available a message in both encrypted and compressed domains while minimizing image distortion.
- Alanazi, H., Zaidan, B. B., Zaidan, A. A., Jalab, H. A., Shabbir, M., & Al-Nabhani, Y. (2010). New comparative study between DES, 3DES and AES within nine factors.
- Biham, Eli and Adi Shamir, Differential Cryptanalysis of the Data Encryption Standard, Springer Verlag, 1993.
- Debnath, R., Agrawal, P., &Vaishnav, G. (2014). DES, AES And Triple DES: Symmetric Key Cryptography Algorithm. International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research, 3(3) 652–654.
- Hui QIN, Tsutomu SASAO, Yukihiro IGUCHI “An FPGA Design of AES Encryption Circuit with 128- bit Keys” GLSVLSI’05, ACM 2005.
- Jin Gong ,Wenyi Liu, Huixin Zhang “Multiple Lookup Table- Based AES Encryption Algorithm Implementation” Elseveir- 2012 vol.25 pg no.842 – 847.
- Kumar, P., & Rana, S. B. (2016). Development of modified AES algorithm for data security. International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, 127(4), 2341-2345.
- Li, Y., Wang, C., & Chen, H. (2017). A hyperchaosbased image encryption algorithm using pixellevel permutation and bit-level permutation. Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 90, 238-246.
- Prasithsangaree.P and Krishnamurthy.P(2003), “Analysis of Energy Consumption of RC4 and AES Algorithms in Wireless LANs,” in the Proceedings of the IEEE GLOBECOM, pp. 1445-1449, 2003.
- Singhal, N., & Raina, J. P. S. (2011). Comparative analysis of AES and RC4 algorithms for better utilization. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology, 2(6), 177-181.
- Tariq Shah, Iqtadar Hussain, Muhammad Asif Gondal , Hasan Mahmood, “Statistical analysis of Sbox in image encryption applications based on majority logic criterion”, International Journal of the Physical Sciences Vol. 6(16), pp. 4110-4127, 18 August, 2011.
- Xinmiao Zhang and Keshab K. Parhi “Implementation Approaches for the Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm”IEEE 2002.