Author : Shubhi Gupta 1
Date of Publication :9th June 2022
Abstract: This paper presents a mushroom shaped antenna array of rectangular topology which is designed to operate in Ku band. The antenna has been designed with 7 patches and rest of the patch potion is subtracted to obtain the required design. The operating frequency of the antenna array is 14.5 GHz. The designed patch antenna array is simulated on Rogers RT/duroid5880 substrate with dielectric constant of 2.2.The following paper shows steps for designing patch antenna array in Ku band and simulating the same.. The design is analysed by HFSS 15.0 by which s parameter, 3D polar plot, directivity, VSWR and gain of the antenna are computed. The results which are simulated by software show that the designed antenna provides better outputs in terms of gain, s parameter, and VSWR.
- D. H. Nguyen, J. Ala-Laurinaho, J. Moll, V. Krozer and G. Zimmer, "Improved Sidelobe-Suppression Microstrip Patch Antenna Array by Uniform Feeding Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 68, no. 11, pp. 7339-7347, Nov. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2020.2995416.
- R. Hasan, W. A. Ahmed, J. Lu, H. J. Ng and D. Kissinger, " $F$ -Band Differential Microstrip Patch Antenna Array and Waveguide to Differential Microstrip Line Transition for FMCW Radar Sensor," in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 15, pp. 6486-6496, 1 Aug.1, 2019, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2019.2909935.
- H. Saeidi-Manesh and G. Zhang, "Low Cross-Polarization, High-Isolation Microstrip Patch Antenna Array for Multi-Mission Applications," in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 5026-5033, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2889599.
- K. S. Vishvaksenan, K. Mithra, R. Kalaiarasan and K. S. Raj, "Mutual Coupling Reduction in Microstrip Patch Antenna Arrays Using Parallel Coupled-Line Resonators," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 2146-2149, 2017, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2017.2700521.
- U. Rafique, H. Khalil and Saif-Ur-Rehman, "Dual-band microstrip patch antenna array for 5G mobile communications," 2017 Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium - Fall (PIERS - FALL), 2017, pp. 55-59, doi: 10.1109/PIERS-FALL.2017.8293110.
- X. Yang, W. Geyi and H. Sun, "Optimum Design of Wireless Power Transmission System Using Microstrip Patch Antenna Arrays," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 1824-1827, 2017, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2017.2682262.
- Y. Li and K. -M. Luk, "60-GHz Substrate Integrated Waveguide Fed Cavity-Backed Aperture-Coupled Microstrip Patch Antenna Arrays," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 1075-1085, March 2015, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2015.2390228.
- Chirag Arora, Shyam Sundar Pattnaik, and Rudra Narayan Baral, "SRR Inspired Microstrip Patch Antenna Array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 58,89-96,2015.doi:10.2528/PIERC15052501. http://www.jpier.org/PIERC/pier.php?paper=15052501
- A. Mavaddat, S. H. M. Armaki and A. R. Erfanian, "Millimeter-Wave Energy Harvesting Using $4 imes4$ Microstrip Patch Antenna Array," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 14, pp. 515-518, 2015, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2014.2370103.
- G. Casu, C. Moraru and A. Kovacs, "Design and implementation of microstrip patch antenna array," 2014 10th International Conference on Communications (COMM), 2014, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICComm.2014.6866738.
- H. Sajjad, W. T. Sethi, K. Zeb and A. Mairaj, "Microstrip patch antenna array at 3.8 GHz for WiMax and UAV applications," 2014 International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas, Novel EM Structures and Materials, and Applications (iWAT), 2014, pp. 107-110, doi: 10.1109/IWAT.2014.6958609.
- K. Phalak and A. Sebak, "Aperture coupled microstrip patch antenna array for high gain at millimeter waves," 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communication, Networks and Satellite (COMNETSAT), 2014, pp. 13-16, doi: 10.1109/COMNETSAT.2014.7050517.
- T. Mikulasek, A. Georgiadis, A. Collado and J. Lacik, "2$, imes,$ 2 Microstrip Patch Antenna Array Fed by Substrate Integrated Waveguide for Radar Applications," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 12, pp. 1287-1290, 2013, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2013.2283731.
- M. G. N. Alsath, M. Kanagasabai and B. Balasubramanian, "Implementation of Slotted Meander-Line Resonators for Isolation Enhancement in Microstrip Patch Antenna Arrays," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 12, pp. 15-18, 2013, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2012.2237156.
- B. R. Franciscatto, A. C. Souza, C. Defay, T. T. Trang and T. P. Vuong, "High gain microstrip patch antenna array using multiple superstrate layers for DSRC applications," 2012 IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC), 2012, pp. 736-739, doi: 10.1109/APWC.2012.6324937.
- R. Jothi Chitra, B. Ramesh Karthik and V. Nagarajan, "Double L - slot microstrip patch antenna array for WiMAX and WLAN," 2012 International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, 2012, pp. 137-140, doi: 10.1109/ICCSP.2012.6208410.