Author : H Shambhavi 1
Date of Publication :20th June 2022
Abstract: With the evolution of communication technology, .a corresponding requirement for optimization in energy consumption is also growing. With the..emergence of 5G technology the importance of energy efficiency (EE) for wireless networks has been realized .even more. The major concern is to improve EE without compromising on user experience. So, in this paper, we address various energy issues and provide an analysis of various techniques which will be adopted in. the 5G networks to improve the energy efficiency of the devices. We have focused our attention on the following areas to improve the energy efficiency which include EE improvement using radio access techniques like Simultaneous wireless energy and power transfer, EE improvement by use of Small Cells and Massive MIMO, EE improvement by using relays and D2D communication
- AMNA MUGHEES , MOHAMMAD TAHIR , (Senior Member, IEEE), MUHAMMAD AMAN SHEIKH, AND ABDUL AHAD. Department of Computing and Information Systems, School of Science and Technology, Sunway University, Subang Jaya 47500, Malaysia Corresponding authors: Mohammad Tahir
- Vaezi, M.; Ding, Z.; Poor, H.V. Multiple Access techniques for 5G networks and Beyond, 1st ed.; Springer: Cham, Switzerland, 2019
- Jiang, W.; Han, B.; Habibi, M.A.; Schotten, H.D. The Road Towards 6G: A Comprehensive Survey. IEEE Open J. Commun. Soc. 2021, 2, 334–366.
- M. Usama and M. Erol-Kantarci, ``A survey on recent trends and open issues in energy efficiency of 5G,'' Sensors, vol. 19, no. 14, p. 3126, Jul. 2019.
- C.-L. I, S. Han, and S. Bian, ``Energy-efficient 5G for a greener future,'' Nature Electron., vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 182_184, Apr. 2020.
- Amer, A.; Ahmad, A.-M.; Hoteit, S. Resource Allocation for Downlink Full-Duplex Cooperative NOMA-Based Cellular System with Imperfect SI Cancellation and Underlaying D2D Communications. Sensors 2021, 21, 2768. https:// doi.org/10.3390/s21082768
- A. Kassaw, D. Hailemariam, and A. M. Zoubir, ``Review of energy efficient resource allocation techniques in massive mimo system,'' in Proc. Int. Conf. Inf. Commun. Technol. Converg. (ICTC), 2018, pp. 237_242.
- Liaqat, M.; Noordin, K.A.; Abdul Latef, T.; Dimyati, K. Power-domain non orthogonal multiple access (PD-NOMA) in cooperative networks: an overview. Wirel. Netw. 2020, 26, 181–203.
- Kim, T.; Min, K.; Park, S. Self-Interference Channel Training for Full-Duplex Massive MIMO Systems. Sensors 2021, 21, 3250. https://doi.org/10.3390/s21093250
- I. A. Hemadeh, K. Satyanarayana, M. El-Hajjar and L. Hanzo, ―Millimeter-Wave Communications: Physical Channel Models, Design Considerations, Antenna Constructions, and Link-Budget,‖ Second Quarter 2018. [Online]. Available:
- S. Sun, T. S. Rappaport, M. Shafi, P. Tang, J. Zhang and P. J. Smith, ―Propagation Models and Performance Evaluation for 5G Millimeter-Wave Bands,‖ September 2018. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee. org/document/8386686. [Accessed 10 September 2020].
- F. Schwering, E. Violette and R. Espeland, ―Millimeter-Wave Propagation in Vegetation: Experiments and Theory,‖ May 1988. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/3037. [Accessed 10 September 2020].
- Guevara, L.; Cheein, F.A. The Role of 5G Technologies: Challenges in Smart Cities and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Sustainability 2020, 12, 6469.
- Kim, T.; Park, S. Scaling Laws of Scheduling Gain for Uplink Massive MIMO Systems: Is User Scheduling Still Beneficial for Massive MIMO? Electronics 2020, 9, 1650