Author : Srinidhi KS 1
Date of Publication :30th August 2022
Abstract: Automation is a technology in that there are different kind of approaches and procedures can be referred. The process of turning manual checks to automatic checks provides impressive benefits. Time saving, cost effective, higher quality, accurate result, less error in the tests which normally caused by human are the most important reasons to thinking about automation. The first and foremost step is to find out what should be automated. It is important to know the reason of automation if, it is worth or not. Here, the question is based on which reason it should decide for automation? For instance, after finishing all the runs of Innovus, Voltus, Pegasus, Quantus top level person must verify that whether it is meeting the specifications or not for checking that they need to go through all the audit files. Audit files doesn’t contain detailed information’s like incremental tag, tool version, time stamp, md5sum’s, waivable warnings, must fix warnings, must fix errors, input directory paths, Bump locations and VDD and VSS locations etc. and other factor is Time consuming.By doing automation it will gives required detailed information like latest incremental tag and tool version, md5sum its unique id, time stamp, errors, warnings, setup and hold views etc. so it can be automated by developing script using programming language called TCL (tool command language). These scripts will work for any block of a chip which is of 16nm technology
- Michael D, Mc Kinney, “Integrating Perl, Tcl and C++ into simulation-based ASIC verification environments”, Sixth IEEE International high level design validation and test workshop ,2001.'
- Shinya Kitajima , Shinji Kikuchi, Yasuhide Matsumoto, “Identification of related management scripts for efficient automation of cloud management tasks “’2014 IEEE 6th International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science.
- Hari Sankar chaini , Sateesh kumar Pradhan ,” Test script execution and effective result analysis in hybrid test automation framework “, 2015 International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering and Applications , 10.1109/ICACEA.2015.7164698.
- Edward Dou, Christian Reascos ,”The next step in verification testing of complex systems is automation “, 2015 IEEE AUTOTESTCON.
- Gaurav Sharma, Lava Bhargava ,”MDAB : Module design automation block for verification using system Verilog testbench”, 2018 3rd International Conference and Workshops on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering (ICRAIE).
- Divya Mahajan, Swarali Patil, Wagh Vipul Shashikant ,Mohit Dangayach ,” Design automation of network -on-chip prototype on FPGA “ 2019 INSPEC Accession Number :19412542.
- Veronika Ivanova, Ani Boneva, Yordan Dosshev,“Multifunctional operational station based on TCL/TK and its application “,2019 Big Data, Knowledge, and Control Systems Engineering (BdKCSE).