Author : Abhishek Lokhande 1
Date of Publication :7th January 2016
Abstract: This paper presents vector control of grid-connected wind turbines; also the second goal of this research is to survey the vector control for wind turbines with doubly-fed induction generators (DFIGs) when a short circuit faults in grid happens. In fact in this paper, vector control of stator-flu x is applied for stator- and rotor-side converters in order to control of active and reactive powers simultaneously, and to keep the DC-link voltage constant. Also the method performances are tested in different cases.
1. R.Pena, J.C. Clare, G.M. asher,” DFIG using back-toback converters and itsapplication to variable- speed wind-energy generation,” IEE Proc. Elect. Power Appl., vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 231-241, 1996
2. S. Soter, R. Wegener, “Development of induction machines in wind power technology,” Proc. IEEE Int. Electric Mach. Drives Conf., vol. 2, pp. 1490-1495, 2007.
3. W. Leonard, “Control of Electrical Drives,” Springer, New York, 2001.
4. N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, W. P. Robbins, “Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design,” Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1989.
5. S. R. Jones, R. Jones, “Control strategy for sinusoidal supply side convertors,” IEE
6. G. A. Smith, K. Nigim, A. Smith, “Wind-energy recovery by a static Scherbius induction generator,” IEE Proc. C, vol. 128, no.6, pp. 317- 324, 1981.
7. M. Mochmoum, R. Ledoeuff, F. M. Sargos, and M. Cherkaoui, “Steady state analysis of a doubly fed asynchronous machine supplied by a current controlled cyclo converter in the rotor,” IEE Proc. B, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 114-122 , 1992.
8. F. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, A.V. Timbus, “Overview of Control and Grid Synchronization for Distributed Power Generation Systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Elect., vol. 53, no. 5, pp.1398-1409, 2006.
9. T. Noguchi, H. Tomiki, S. Kondo, and I. Takahashi, “Direct power control of PWM converter without power-source voltage sensors,”IEEETrans.Ind. Appl., vol.34, no.3, pp.473–479,May/Jun.1998.
10. Lie Xu and Yi Wang, “Dynamic Modeling and Control of DFIG-Based Wind Turbines under Unbalanced Network Conditions,” IEEE Trans. On Power Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 314-322, February 2007.
11. G. Escobar, A. M. Stankovic, J. M. Carrasco, E. Galvan, and R. Ortega,“Analysis and design of direct power control (DPC) for a three phase